New Features and Enhanced Design Unveiled in Project Objects’ Major V8 Release
- Enriched PPM capabilities include strategic planning, portfolio budgeting and program management functionality
- New Homepage approach with multi-tab dashboards
- Configurable Project Workspaces
- Full MS Project compatibility and graphical GANTT editor features added
- New graphical Administration page
- Launch of the the Business Process Management (BPM) module
Project Objects, the international provider of software, expertise, and best practices for Enterprise Project & Portfolio Intelligence Management, announced today the release of ProjectObjects Version 8.0.
The latest full version release of ProjectObjects offers a significantly improved graphical interface and enhanced home page. Completely re-designed to offer a highly intuitive user experience, Version 8 includes a new graphical project menu to improve the user action choices. It also features improved data navigation and supports enhanced customisation, with the ability for users to define their own dashboard views as well as project workspaces that enable multi-tab approach, improved layout management and data exploration
Flexibility and user customisation are key themes visible throughout Version 8, because as many years of project and portfolio management experience has taught us, standard processes do not cover our customers’ unique needs. Consequently, Project Objects now makes it easy for users to expand on standard processes built into the solution and add their own custom business processes. Thanks to the new module BPM, now it’s possible to create and maintain organization related needs by defining forms, templates and workflows which interact with the PPM main planning entities and governance flows.
Additional capabilities to enrich the range of PPM processes available include Strategic Planning, Portfolio Budgeting and Program Management functionality. For example, it is now possible to access an easy to use, analysis workbench in order to create long term plans and evaluate the best possible company strategy, update earlier financial data and compare project outcomes based on portfolio budget scenarios.
ProjectObjects Version 8.0 also allows users to save multiple baselines to enable improved performance monitoring and includes a new, graphical GANTT editor for real-time schedules tracking, which is fully MS Project compatible.
Also the implementation and maintenance of the system is easier due to the new administration page, redesigned with new graphical objects organization. Intuitive and self-explaining icons guide the business administrators in the system configuration.
“We are delighted with the look and feel of ProjectObjects Version 8.0 and beta tester feedback has been extremely positive, says Gioacchino Gaudioso, CEO at Project Objects. “Later this year we will be releasing an additional set of functionality enhancements and we are very excited about the future of our PPM solutions.”
New Product Features in ProjectObjects V9.0 Recognised by Gartnerposted 20.11.17
- Third Release in 12 months for PPM software
- Developed in collaboration with existing customers using feedback on key features to enhance capabilities
- Includes improved data analysis & reporting, plus full support for mobile working
Further Product Enhancements Visible in ProjectObjects Version 8.2posted 20.10.15
- Advanced Workplanner Module
- Multi-projects and hierachical departments capabilities
- Improved visual features and powerful new reporting capabilities
- Full Jira integration for agile development management