Last updated 25 May 2018
Project Objects Ltd, Project Objects Italia Srl, Proiect Objects India, Project Objects UK (together "," "we," "our," "us," a nd the "Company"), are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals ("Visitors") who visit the Company's websites ("Sites"), individuals who register to use or purchase the Services as defined below ("Customers"), and individuals who register to attend the Company's corporate events ("Attendees") or submit their CVs under the session "Careers".
We are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data, including your choices regarding online and offline collection, use, access, and correction of personal data as well as how you can ask us to stop storing data about you.
In order to provide you with relevant information and respond to your requests, we sometimes request that you provide us with data about yourself. Project Objects operates in the business-to-business software industry, and does not focus on consumer users or the collection of consumer data. To the extent we collect data online and offline, our purpose is to better serve our business customers. Any reference to a Project Objects Site includes all of our websites and apps as well as those of our subsidiaries.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that Project Objects does not own or control, or to individuals that Project Objects does not employ or manage.
Types of Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Personal Data: Some portions of our Sites may request that you provide us with data about yourself from which we are able to identify you. Examples of this personally identifiable data include your name, professional contact data (telephone numbers, postal address, and email address), company name, and job function. We do not request or collect any Sensitive Personal Data (data consisting of racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation) on or through the Sites. If you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Sites, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How We Collect Personal Data
We and our service providers may collect Personal Data in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Sites: We may collect Personal Data through the Sites, for example when you contact us, download content (e.g. whitepapers), register for a webinar or event, subscribe to our newsletter or other email list, or register to use our Sites.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Data from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact customer service.
- Through You: We may collect information such as your location or your preferred means of communication when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Data, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites. Note that there is no legal obligation for you to provide us with Personal Data and any information collected by us will be provided by you at your own will and with your consent.
- Data from Other Sources: To enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we may obtain data about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties such as industry event organizers.
"Other Data" is any data that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. This might include, for instance, browser and device data; Sites usage data; data collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies; the address of the website from which you arrived at a Project Objects website, and the date and time of visits; demographic data and other data provided by you; or aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, such as the number of hits to our website. We use this data to facilitate our operation of the Sites and for other purposes described below.
How We Collect Other Data.
We and our service providers may collect Other Data in a variety of ways, including:
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain data is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies Cookies and other similar technologies may be used to collect Other Data. We may use third parties to serve advertisements on other websites that may be of interest to you, based on data collected about your use of our Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags and web beacons).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
You can manually disable cookies at any time - check your browser's 'Help' to find out how. This will not affect your ability to view the site.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for 30 days, when it will delete automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 30 days.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode.
IP Address: Your "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically whenever you access the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. Project Objects uses IP Addresses to calculate usage levels of the Sites, help diagnose problems with its servers, administer the Sites, and monitoring the regions from which you navigate to our Sites.
How We Collect IP Address.
For more information about Google Analytics please go to: https://www.google.com/intl/en_en/analytics/#?modal_active=none
We also use first-party analytics tools, such as MailChimp, to assist us with certain automated marketing efforts from your interactions on our website, including data you may provide. We use this data to better understand our customers and potential customers and to assess our marketing effectiveness and/or business performance.
Email Communications: The Sites also enables you to send certain emails to us (for example, to firstname.lastname@example.org). We store all of the e-mails sent by you to us.
How We Use Your Data
The data Project Objects collects helps us to understand how our Sites are being used so that we can improve their quality and make them more helpful to our users.
We may also use the data we collect about you or submitted by you to communicate with you about our products and services. These uses may include providing you with services and support, communicating with you and responding to your requests, and sending you information in relation to new products and services. If you choose to join any of the mailing lists offered by Project Objects, we will use the data stored about you to send mailings to you. We use any data received by us in any e-mail received from you, such as email@example.com, to respond to your e-mail.
We may email you several times after your enquiry in order to follow up on your interest and ensure that we have answered it to your satisfaction. We will do this based on our legitimate interest in marketing our products and services. You can ask us to stop at any time.
If you do not provide certain information, you may still be able to access other portions of this website, although it may limit your access to certain information or services (i.e. documents download)
How We Share Your Data
Project Objects shares data for business purposes only on a need-to-know basis and only with: other companies within our group of companies; its own employees and affiliates; the customer from which Project Objects received the data; Project Objects agents, consultants, subcontractors, to suppliers of services to us, and third-party service-provider companies, that have agreed to take measures to safeguard your data and other entities authorized to have access to such data under applicable law or regulation. Except as described in this Privacy Notice, Project Objects will not share the personal data you provide to Project Objects with non-Project Objects third parties without your permission except as required by law to government agencies (such as the police) or courts of competent authority or when necessary in order to protect the rights of Project Objects or its employees.
International Transfer of Data:
Our web sites are hosted Europe. We also use outsourced services in countries outside the EU from time to time in other aspects of our business. Specifically, our technical centre is based in New Delhi, India. Accordingly data obtained within the Ireland may be "processed" outside the Ireland and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
Project Objects ensures that we remain within the law at all times.
Hosting and backend infrastructure
This type of service has the purpose of hosting Data and files that enable ProjectObjects Cloud to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run ProjectObjects Cloud.
Our partner for hosting Data is Rackspace and the servers we leverage on are located both in US and Europe.
Rackspace: Customer Data Security and Privacy
Rackspace: EU Model Clauses to enable our customer to transfer personal data from the EU to Rackspace regions outside the EU.
How We Keep Your Data Secure
Project Objects is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the data we collect â€“ to process data only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected; to carefully protect it from unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration; and to maintain data accuracy. When collecting or transferring sensitive data, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
Please keep in mind that while we have established safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your personally identifiable data, we cannot guarantee that it will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Notice (for example, in the event of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate applicable law or our policies). In addition, if a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal data, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your data from subsequent users.
How You Can Access, Correct, Update, or Remove Your Data
Project Objects provides individuals with the ability to know whether we hold data about you and, if we do (subject to certain limitations), to have access to that data, to have it corrected if it is inaccurate or out of date, or to request that it be removed.
This may be accomplished
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
When contacting us, please specify the data that you think is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date. Please also provide us with correct replacement data. If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. If you wish to be removed from any of our databases or mailing lists, please include those instructions.
Project Objects does not offer services to minors and does not knowingly request personally identifiable data from anyone under the age of 18. Any person who provides their personal data to Project Objects through this website represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
Use of Social Media
We use social media widgets as dynamic information sharing tools on our website (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and Facebook) to engage in dialogue, share information and media, and collaborate with our visitors. Your activity on these social media sites is governed by the security and privacy policies of the third-party sites. Project Objects does not control, moderate or endorse the comments or opinions provided by visitors to these sites. You should review the privacy policies of all websites before using them and ensure that you understand how your data may be used. You should also adjust privacy settings on your account on any third-party website to match your preferences.
Links to Non-Project Objects Websites
Project Objects's websites may provide links to unaffiliated, third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access these links, you will leave the Project Objects website. Project Objects has no control over these websites and is not responsible or liable for the policies and practices followed by third parties. The personal data you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you link to or otherwise visit any other websites managed by third parties, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted at those sites to understand their information practices.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Project Objects may, acting in its sole discretion, modify, revise, amend, or replace this Privacy Notice at any time and from time to time. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date on the Privacy Notice.
All updates and amendments are effective immediately upon notice, which we may give by any means, including, but not limited to, by posting a revised version of this Privacy Notice or other notice on the website. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice often to stay informed of changes that may affect you, as your continued use of the website signifies your continuing consent to be bound by this Privacy Notice. Our electronically or otherwise properly stored copies of this Privacy Notice are each deemed to be the true, complete, valid, authentic, and enforceable copy of the version of this P rivacy Notice which were in effect on each respective date you visited the Website.
Questions, Concerns or Complaints
If you have any questions, comments, or suspect that we may have acted contrary to this Privacy Notice or any applicable legislation about our Privacy Notice or associated practices, please email us at email@example.com