PRE-SALES CONSULTANT UK
PRE-SALES CONSULTANT UK
Position Location: Home-based in the UK
Reports to: VP Sales
Project Objects (PO) is a privately-held, growing, global company seeking a senior, energetic, team-oriented Pre-Sales Consultant to support the sales team to win strategic net new sales of their Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) suite in the CPG, Utilities, Oil & Gas, Aerospace and Manufacturing sectors in the UK & Europe.
Project Objects has been named a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for PPM Cloud and is a rising new leader with an aggressive growth plan and demonstrative success. This is a key time to join PO as it offers high achievers a long-term progressive strategic pre-sales selling career.
Your objective is to support the Business Development Executives (BDEs) to generate the highest revenue throughput possible by assisting through the sales process to win new customers. The business utilises a strategic sales process where the BDE will engage the pre-sales consultant after a relevant issue has been identified with the prospect.
The pre-sales consultant will provide sector and business process knowledge to build confidence with the prospect and act as a trusted advisor. The pre-sales consultant will also play a critical role in shaping the approach with the BDE and prospect. This will be done through a mastery of the PPM software suite which can be configured to meet the unique requirements of the customer. At the later stages of the sales process the pre-sales consultant will transition the account to the Project Manager for implementation. The pre-sales consultant will support a number of client opportunities in support of the BDEs.
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally, 5-10 years’ pre-sales experience supporting the sales of complex PPM solutions, other similar enterprise software platform experience will also be considered
- Highly motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to meet and exceed the company’s sales targets on a consistent basis
- Understanding of strategic selling processes and ability to develop and maintain executive level relationships
- Understanding of both the business processes and the software specifications to demonstrate the PPM solution
- Ability to configure the software demo to meet the business requirements of the client
- Ability to work in a complex organisation to on board executives and users to support a joint implementation approach
- Experience in at least one of the following industries:
- CPG, Utilities, Oil & Gas, Aerospace and Manufacturing sectors in the UK & Europe
- Degree in Business, Software or IT preferable
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the UK and other European countries as needed
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be a self-starter, goal-oriented, and able to work with the sales team to win new business. The individual should demonstrate a “roll up your sleeves” attitude with high energy that matches the pace and excitement of a high growth organization.